Clever and Unique Dating Ideas That Won’t Hurt You and Your Pockets
Quit being so predictable! Like birthdays, anniversary celebrations have become repetitive after a few years. If you’ve grown disenchanted with the fancy dinners, chocolates, and roses, worry not. We have rounded up a series of unique dating ideas to combat monotony and predictability. After all, what’s romance without a little mystery, surprise, and adventure?
These cost-effective, unique yet memorable dating ideas will put some fresh energy into your sweet escape:
Feel-Good Morning Date Ideas
- Start your day by planning a dream vacation together. Spend time looking at cruises, flights, hotels, and whatever else you two want to do on vacation together and count it as a date with your special someone.
- Clean out the attic or basement together – and have fun doing it. Try on those old clothes, or play those old records as you clean out some space.
- Wake up early, catch the sunrise, and enjoy your daily dose of vitamin D.
- Sleep in – cuddling together on a lazy weekend morning.
- Plan a scrapbook date to start your morning off with some creativity and reminisce on your favorite memories.
- Decorate your home for the new season together. Be playful and productive all in one!
- Give each other a massage outside! If there isn’t enough privacy for that, you can stay indoors but do it near an open window, so you get fresh air and some sunshine.
- Try different juice flavors and some healthy smoothies every morning for a week straight.
- Learn how to bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies together.
- Dream up a family bucket list – make sure you write down your ideas!
- Take turns writing in a journal together filling in the details of your past day, week, month, or year.
“You can’t force love, I realized. It’s there or it isn’t. If it’s not there, you’ve got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you’ve got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” — Richelle Mead
Relaxing Lunch Date Ideas
- Candlelight lunches are a very romantic mid-day surprise. Get dressed up and have a nice lunch while the kids are at school or taking naps.
- Walking while holding each other’s hands rekindles love and intimacy. Hence, a kiss on the forehead may be the sweetest.
- Walk the dogs and get a little exercise in during the day while you connect with your sweetheart.
- Spend the afternoon lying on a blanket and writing out your love story so that your kids can one day read about how the two of you met.
- Have a picnic on your patio!
- Sit out on your front porch and watch birds, animals, or people passing by.
- Spend the day exploring your town and snapping pictures of fun things. Don’t show each other the photos until you get home!
- Play a game of “Get to know me better.” Write out questions on index cards and see how many your partner can get right.
- If you are both into arts and crafts, buy paint supplies and have a painting date where you paint a picture for one another.
Not-So-Ordinary Date Night at Home
- Cook dinner together and add in a “surprise” ingredient you have to try to incorporate into the meal.
- Themed movie night – watch horror movies and make some “spooky” themed snacks and drinks to go with it. You can do this with any movie genre!
- Go camping in the living room, complete with a tent or a blanket fort.
- When was the last time you had a slumber party? Have one with your spouse and stay up late laughing and talking.
- Turn your dining room into a dance floor and dance the night away. Or go outside and do it under the stars.
- Watch classic movies together.
- Take a late night, candlelit bubble bath together.
- Catch the sunset or watch the night sky and wish on shooting stars.
- Split a mug of hot cocoa complete with a scoop of homemade whip cream and chocolate crumbles on top. Share memories of your childhood days playing in the snow.
- Make ice cream Sundaes together.
- Have a karaoke night! Bust out your iPod and see if you really know those lyrics.
- Truly, love is in the air. And with all these and more, your better half or special someone will surely feel really special. Nothing beats a creative mind and a thoughtful heart on your special day or even on no-occasion-at-all and I-just-want-to-date-you vibe. Make each day a Heart’s Day with our roundup list of various unique yet no-cost dating ideas.
More in Buzz
How To Be A Better Listener
There is a need for a person to learn cognitive skills as they grow up. One of the skills is listening skills....September 12, 2018
The Fascinating Hobbies Of The Rich And The Famous
The rich and the famous can explore endless horizons. Have you ever wondered how they spend not only their free time...September 11, 2018
Healthy Dieting For Busy People
One of our greatest wish in life is to stay healthy and to live long and in peace. Everyone would want...September 10, 2018
Wasting Your Money? This Is How To Avoid It
Whenever we come in touch with a bit of money, the first thought is how to spend it —it is a...September 7, 2018
A Feeling Of Discomfort Can Be An Excellent Thing And This Is Why
Discomfort is a feeling that arises when we are about to face some changes. Usually, we confuse it for the unhappiness...September 6, 2018
A Sneak Peek Into The World’s Most Luxurious Hotel Suites
The luxurious hotel could be hierarchical in terms of their characteristics but what does it mean to be the most luxurious...September 5, 2018
Learn How to Overcome Depression
Everyone feels depressed at one time in life. Depression results from prolonged stress, and it it has detrimental effects n both physical and...September 4, 2018
Things You Don’t Need To Do When You Turn 24
People always anticipate being adults because it’s the most exciting phase in life. This is where one gets the first job,...September 3, 2018
Five Ways To Stop Unwelcome Thoughts In Their Tracks
Every person has his or her own inner voice—or even more of them. We all think differently, but everyone is influenced...August 29, 2018