Clever and Unique Dating Ideas That Won’t Hurt You and Your Pockets
Quit being so predictable! Like birthdays, anniversary celebrations have become repetitive after a few years. If you’ve grown disenchanted with the fancy dinners, chocolates, and roses, worry not. We have rounded up a series of unique dating ideas to combat monotony and predictability. After all, what’s romance without a little mystery, surprise, and adventure?
These cost-effective, unique yet memorable dating ideas will put some fresh energy into your sweet escape:
Feel-Good Morning Date Ideas
- Start your day by planning a dream vacation together. Spend time looking at cruises, flights, hotels, and whatever else you two want to do on vacation together and count it as a date with your special someone.
- Clean out the attic or basement together – and have fun doing it. Try on those old clothes, or play those old records as you clean out some space.
- Wake up early, catch the sunrise, and enjoy your daily dose of vitamin D.
- Sleep in – cuddling together on a lazy weekend morning.
- Plan a scrapbook date to start your morning off with some creativity and reminisce on your favorite memories.
- Decorate your home for the new season together. Be playful and productive all in one!
- Give each other a massage outside! If there isn’t enough privacy for that, you can stay indoors but do it near an open window, so you get fresh air and some sunshine.
- Try different juice flavors and some healthy smoothies every morning for a week straight.
- Learn how to bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies together.
- Dream up a family bucket list – make sure you write down your ideas!
- Take turns writing in a journal together filling in the details of your past day, week, month, or year.
“You can’t force love, I realized. It’s there or it isn’t. If it’s not there, you’ve got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you’ve got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” — Richelle Mead
Relaxing Lunch Date Ideas
- Candlelight lunches are a very romantic mid-day surprise. Get dressed up and have a nice lunch while the kids are at school or taking naps.
- Walking while holding each other’s hands rekindles love and intimacy. Hence, a kiss on the forehead may be the sweetest.
- Walk the dogs and get a little exercise in during the day while you connect with your sweetheart.
- Spend the afternoon lying on a blanket and writing out your love story so that your kids can one day read about how the two of you met.
- Have a picnic on your patio!
- Sit out on your front porch and watch birds, animals, or people passing by.
- Spend the day exploring your town and snapping pictures of fun things. Don’t show each other the photos until you get home!
- Play a game of “Get to know me better.” Write out questions on index cards and see how many your partner can get right.
- If you are both into arts and crafts, buy paint supplies and have a painting date where you paint a picture for one another.
Not-So-Ordinary Date Night at Home
- Cook dinner together and add in a “surprise” ingredient you have to try to incorporate into the meal.
- Themed movie night – watch horror movies and make some “spooky” themed snacks and drinks to go with it. You can do this with any movie genre!
- Go camping in the living room, complete with a tent or a blanket fort.
- When was the last time you had a slumber party? Have one with your spouse and stay up late laughing and talking.
- Turn your dining room into a dance floor and dance the night away. Or go outside and do it under the stars.
- Watch classic movies together.
- Take a late night, candlelit bubble bath together.
- Catch the sunset or watch the night sky and wish on shooting stars.
- Split a mug of hot cocoa complete with a scoop of homemade whip cream and chocolate crumbles on top. Share memories of your childhood days playing in the snow.
- Make ice cream Sundaes together.
- Have a karaoke night! Bust out your iPod and see if you really know those lyrics.
- Truly, love is in the air. And with all these and more, your better half or special someone will surely feel really special. Nothing beats a creative mind and a thoughtful heart on your special day or even on no-occasion-at-all and I-just-want-to-date-you vibe. Make each day a Heart’s Day with our roundup list of various unique yet no-cost dating ideas.
More in Buzz
Energize Yourself! How to Begin Your Day Full of Energy
Most of the people who live fast and finish large tasks daily, search their energy within food they eat. In those...August 11, 2017
This Guy Gave His College Roommate $229 Million
Imagine this scenario – you start a small company which you believe in with all your heart, but need a small favor...August 11, 2017
Packing Luxurious Clothes and Items
Every time you are preparing for a trip, you wish you had ten more suitcases, or at least 50 pounds more...August 11, 2017
5 Simple Office Exercises That Can Do Amazing Things to Your Health
No time to exercise especially on weekdays because you’ve got a very hectic schedule at work? Well, we’ve got you covered!...August 11, 2017
Natural Stress Management Is a Better Option than Prescription Medications
Stress is a feeling of the mind which prompts you to believe you are handling something that you’re not accustomed to....August 11, 2017
The RIGHT Way to Start Living a Healthier Life!
Everything starts from within. If you decide it’s time to be happy, you can make yourself happy. If you decide to...August 11, 2017
The Luxurious Fashion of Celebrity Babies
Because of their rich and famous parents, these kids could quite literally be born with a silver spoon in their mouths....August 11, 2017
Eating “Green” And Healthy Can Be As Easy As This
New year, new life! As you desperately try to keep (and write off) your resolutions, you decide to follow one particular...August 11, 2017
Large American Businesses Which Failed To Make It Big Overseas
The world is expanding rapidly, and American businesses are making attempts to get a slice of the pie if not the...August 11, 2017