Discover the Most Awe-Inspiring Places to Retire
Whether you like it or not, you are bound to retire from your field of endeavor at some time. You won’t be young forever. You grow old every day, and your energy and productivity start to decline. Therefore, while you are young, work hard and save for the future to you have enough funds when you retire.
Speaking of retirement, it is a life-changing experience. You will have all the time to yourself, so you can do what you want and visit any place as long as you can afford to. But what are the ideal places to visit when you retire? Read on.
This is a beautiful island to explore that also has affordable goods and services. It seems that Europe has its own fair share of breathtaking yet affordable places to live and retire in! Yeah, we’re talking about Crete is an island that has plenty of sunshine, beaches, and hospitality. It is a highly recommended option for retirees.
- Cost of living: $1,090
- Main language: Greek
- Population: 623,065 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Free medical care and hospital care in public hospitals if you are covered by IKA National Insurance.
- Entertainment: Hiking, Cave tours, water activities, and festivals in summer.
This island essentially has everything to offer for a great retirement experience! If you are into Greek mythology and all its ancient relics and pantheon, this place is perfect for you.
Iowa, United States
Now that we have explored one of the best and most affordable places to retire in Europe, let’s deviate our attention elsewhere and focus on the United States. Being one of the most expensive countries in the world, you will be surprised to know that there’s a state that has an affordable cost of living. West Des Moines offers excellent health care programs along with low living cost and crime rate.
- Cost of living: $2,230
- Main language: English
- Population: 61,255 (2013 stats)
- Healthcare services: Both the federally-funded Medicare and Medicaid programs provide health care coverage for retirees, especially those above 65.
- Entertainment: Music festival, winery and brewery tours, golfing, live horse racing
If you are a Spaniard at heart and you want to indulge in fiestas and caravans, a stay in Barcelona, Spain is a great option. Despite being the second largest city in Spain, it is famous for the low-cost living and a fully developed transportation system. Barcelona is also a home for pre-Roman architectures, art galleries, museums, and beaches.
- Cost of living: $1,183
- Major language: Spanish
- Population: 1.602 million (2014 stats)
- Healthcare services: Healthcare is largely subsidized in public hospitals if you own a Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual (TSI) health card.
- Entertainment: Museums, art galleries, monuments, theaters, and beach activities.
Nha Trang, Vietnam
If you are interested in the rich Asian culture and the historical events of post-World War 2, Vietnam is a great way to start your quest. This sandy, rural town is packed with historic temples, pagodas, and exotic fresh cuisines that foodies will really love.
- Cost of Living: $650-$800
- Major language: Vietnamese
- Population: 402,000 (2015 stats)
- Healthcare services: Medical costs in Vietnam are poor, and there might not have English-speaking doctors. However, the healthcare system is developing. Some expats and retirees seek medical care in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore.
- Entertainment: Water activities, temple tours
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
If you want to retire on a paradise island and connect with the marine nature, this is the perfect place. It is a small, walkable island with a low cost of living and a high standard of healthcare. You can also travel to nearby islands to explore what nature has in store for you.
- Cost of living: $1,200
- Major language: Malaysian
- Population: 207,214 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Public hospitals are inexpensive with high medical standards, while private hospitals are more expensive with a shorter wait. Nevertheless, they both provide the same quality of healthcare services.
- Entertainment: Water activities.
More in Luxury
This Space is Available For Rent nd Has Prince William and Kate Middleton as Neighbors, But There’s a Catch!
The British royals are among the most charismatic people in the world, and just a handshake with one of them is...August 24, 2019
The Miley and Liam Divorce May Be Super Expensive. Can They Really Afford It? Here’s The Scoop!
Whenever a high profile divorce is about to happen, the biggest question on everyone’s mind is this: how much money would...August 24, 2019
Kylie Jenner is Partying On This Jaw-Dropping Superyacht, and it’s Costing Her Millions Every Week! Here’s An Inside View!
After being crowned the youngest self-made billionaire in the world, there is no doubt that Kylie Jenner is extremely rich. Hence,...August 24, 2019
Karlie Kloss and Husband Joshua’s Apartment Goes For $6.6 Million, And Here Are All The Amazing Things That The New Owner Would Get To Enjoy!
If you have ever bought or sold property, then you must know the importance of securing a good price for it...August 23, 2019
Katy Perry and Team to Pay $2.78 Million For Allegedly Copying Parts of This Song, Declares Jury In This Shocking Judgement!
Well, life is certainly not easy when you are a superstar because there is a lot of attention to everything that...August 23, 2019
What Is BTS and How The Band Has Become More Popular Than Taylor Swift On YouTube? Prepare to Be Amazed!
It is very easy to gauge an artist’s success on YouTube, as we simply have to observe the number of total...August 23, 2019
Kylie Jenner Getting Married In Italy? Here’s What We Know So Far
When it comes to celebrating special occasions, nobody does it better than the one and only Kylie Jenner. She emerged as...August 23, 2019
Eddie Murphy Returning to Stand-Up In a Shocking Netflix Deal, Here Is What We Know So Far!
It is remarkable how fast we are entering the digital age, especially in the entertainment industry, as greater internet connectivity around...August 22, 2019
Split-Up: Liam And Miley Cyrus Call It Quits On Their Marriage, For Now! Here’s What Happened!
In devastating news that has rocked the entertainment industry to its core, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth, the couple that was...August 22, 2019