Discover The Awe-Inspiring Places To Retire
Whether you like it or not, you are bound to retire from your field of endeavor at some time. You won’t be young forever. You grow old every day, and your energy and productivity start to decline. Therefore, while you are young, work hard and save for the future to you have enough funds when you retire.
Speaking of retirement, it is a life-changing experience. You will have all the time to yourself, so you can do what you want and visit any place as long as you can afford to. But what are the ideal places to visit when you retire? Read on.
This is a beautiful island to explore that also has affordable goods and services. It seems that Europe has its own fair share of breathtaking yet affordable places to live and retire in! Yeah, we’re talking about Crete is an island that has plenty of sunshine, beaches, and hospitality. It is a highly recommended option for retirees.
- Cost of living: $1,090
- Main language: Greek
- Population: 623,065 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Free medical care and hospital care in public hospitals if you are covered by IKA National Insurance.
- Entertainment: Hiking, Cave tours, water activities, and festivals in summer.
This island essentially has everything to offer for a great retirement experience! If you are into Greek mythology and all its ancient relics and pantheon, this place is perfect for you.
Iowa, United States
Now that we have explored one of the best and most affordable places to retire in Europe, let’s deviate our attention elsewhere and focus on the United States. Being one of the most expensive countries in the world, you will be surprised to know that there’s a state that has an affordable cost of living. West Des Moines offers excellent health care programs along with low living cost and crime rate.
- Cost of living: $2,230
- Main language: English
- Population: 61,255 (2013 stats)
- Healthcare services: Both the federally-funded Medicare and Medicaid programs provide health care coverage for retirees, especially those above 65.
- Entertainment: Music festival, winery and brewery tours, golfing, live horse racing
If you are a Spaniard at heart and you want to indulge in fiestas and caravans, a stay in Barcelona, Spain is a great option. Despite being the second largest city in Spain, it is famous for the low-cost living and a fully developed transportation system. Barcelona is also a home for pre-Roman architectures, art galleries, museums, and beaches.
- Cost of living: $1,183
- Major language: Spanish
- Population: 1.602 million (2014 stats)
- Healthcare services: Healthcare is largely subsidized in public hospitals if you own a Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual (TSI) health card.
- Entertainment: Museums, art galleries, monuments, theaters, and beach activities.
Nha Trang, Vietnam
If you are interested in the rich Asian culture and the historical events of post-World War 2, Vietnam is a great way to start your quest. This sandy, rural town is packed with historic temples, pagodas, and exotic fresh cuisines that foodies will really love.
- Cost of Living: $650-$800
- Major language: Vietnamese
- Population: 402,000 (2015 stats)
- Healthcare services: Medical costs in Vietnam are poor, and there might not have English-speaking doctors. However, the healthcare system is developing. Some expats and retirees seek medical care in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore.
- Entertainment: Water activities, temple tours
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
If you want to retire on a paradise island and connect with the marine nature, this is the perfect place. It is a small, walkable island with a low cost of living and a high standard of healthcare. You can also travel to nearby islands to explore what nature has in store for you.
- Cost of living: $1,200
- Major language: Malaysian
- Population: 207,214 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Public hospitals are inexpensive with high medical standards, while private hospitals are more expensive with a shorter wait. Nevertheless, they both provide the same quality of healthcare services.
- Entertainment: Water activities.
More in Luxury
Here is All You Need to Know About SRW, A Brand Supporting Women in Business
Soul Rich Woman Filipino women entrepreneurs who are members of Soul Rich Woman, an online business platform, have chosen to brand...November 24, 2018
Meet The First Ever Korean Pop Act To Hit Number One In The US
Back in 2013, BTS band started its career with a question ‘What’s your dream’. Now in 2018, after 5 years of...November 24, 2018
‘Maleficent 2’ Is On The Works! Find Out Who Will Be Joining The Cast For The Sequel
Disney has managed to not just make their own adaptations of the classic fairytales over the years but also manages to...November 24, 2018
Scarlett Johansson Tops List Of Highest-Paid Actresses In 2018
When you’ve got all the fame and fortune, almost every in would think that you’ve got it all, that you can...November 22, 2018
Find Out What Is The Worst Black Friday Incident And How You Can Stay Safe This Year
Thanksgiving is finally here and people are celebrating it with their friends and families. The turkey is out along with the...November 22, 2018
The Guiding Communication Principles Of Great Leaders
One thing great leaders have in common is great communication skill. Any speech made by a great leader is an avenue...November 22, 2018
Factors You Should Put Into Consideration When Purchasing a Luxury Vehicle In Dubai
No doubt that there are a lot of luxury cars from different brands on the roads of Dubai. Seeing these brands...November 22, 2018
‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Becomes The First Film In The Franchise To Flop
The Star Wars franchise go way back and it has indeed managed to gather its own fandom over the years. Even...November 22, 2018
A Look Inside Coco Prive: Where The Rich Go To Unwind
A look at Coco Prive Island Billionaires also unwind and take breaks from endless work hours to refresh their nerves, rejuvenate...November 20, 2018