Discover the Most Awe-Inspiring Places to Retire
Whether you like it or not, you are bound to retire from your field of endeavor at some time. You won’t be young forever. You grow old every day, and your energy and productivity start to decline. Therefore, while you are young, work hard and save for the future to you have enough funds when you retire.
Speaking of retirement, it is a life-changing experience. You will have all the time to yourself, so you can do what you want and visit any place as long as you can afford to. But what are the ideal places to visit when you retire? Read on.
This is a beautiful island to explore that also has affordable goods and services. It seems that Europe has its own fair share of breathtaking yet affordable places to live and retire in! Yeah, we’re talking about Crete is an island that has plenty of sunshine, beaches, and hospitality. It is a highly recommended option for retirees.
- Cost of living: $1,090
- Main language: Greek
- Population: 623,065 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Free medical care and hospital care in public hospitals if you are covered by IKA National Insurance.
- Entertainment: Hiking, Cave tours, water activities, and festivals in summer.
This island essentially has everything to offer for a great retirement experience! If you are into Greek mythology and all its ancient relics and pantheon, this place is perfect for you.
Iowa, United States
Now that we have explored one of the best and most affordable places to retire in Europe, let’s deviate our attention elsewhere and focus on the United States. Being one of the most expensive countries in the world, you will be surprised to know that there’s a state that has an affordable cost of living. West Des Moines offers excellent health care programs along with low living cost and crime rate.
- Cost of living: $2,230
- Main language: English
- Population: 61,255 (2013 stats)
- Healthcare services: Both the federally-funded Medicare and Medicaid programs provide health care coverage for retirees, especially those above 65.
- Entertainment: Music festival, winery and brewery tours, golfing, live horse racing
If you are a Spaniard at heart and you want to indulge in fiestas and caravans, a stay in Barcelona, Spain is a great option. Despite being the second largest city in Spain, it is famous for the low-cost living and a fully developed transportation system. Barcelona is also a home for pre-Roman architectures, art galleries, museums, and beaches.
- Cost of living: $1,183
- Major language: Spanish
- Population: 1.602 million (2014 stats)
- Healthcare services: Healthcare is largely subsidized in public hospitals if you own a Tarjeta Sanitaria Individual (TSI) health card.
- Entertainment: Museums, art galleries, monuments, theaters, and beach activities.
Nha Trang, Vietnam
If you are interested in the rich Asian culture and the historical events of post-World War 2, Vietnam is a great way to start your quest. This sandy, rural town is packed with historic temples, pagodas, and exotic fresh cuisines that foodies will really love.
- Cost of Living: $650-$800
- Major language: Vietnamese
- Population: 402,000 (2015 stats)
- Healthcare services: Medical costs in Vietnam are poor, and there might not have English-speaking doctors. However, the healthcare system is developing. Some expats and retirees seek medical care in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Singapore.
- Entertainment: Water activities, temple tours
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
If you want to retire on a paradise island and connect with the marine nature, this is the perfect place. It is a small, walkable island with a low cost of living and a high standard of healthcare. You can also travel to nearby islands to explore what nature has in store for you.
- Cost of living: $1,200
- Major language: Malaysian
- Population: 207,214 (2010 stats)
- Healthcare services: Public hospitals are inexpensive with high medical standards, while private hospitals are more expensive with a shorter wait. Nevertheless, they both provide the same quality of healthcare services.
- Entertainment: Water activities.
More in Luxury
Priyanka Chopra is Not Keeping Silent about False News: Did She Really Visit Baby Archie?
What do Priyanka Chopra and Kate Middleton have in common? Apart from being two gorgeous women who shine brightly in...July 11, 2019
Nick Jonas Carried a Bag to This Paris Fashion Week Show, But Did He Manage To Pull It Off?
There was a time when fashion was distinct from showbusiness, in that the performers in the entertainment industry did not have...July 10, 2019
Kylie Jenner Followed Her Heart to Become a Billionaire, Here’s How She Manages It All!
If you ask any entrepreneur about their core motivation behind starting their own venture, the most common response you would receive...July 10, 2019
The Surprising Lifestyle of Steven Spielberg, Hollywood’s Richest Filmmaker Worth $3.7 Billion
There are only a handful of filmmakers in Hollywood who are recognized around the world for delivering brilliance on the big...July 8, 2019
Sister Scandal Aftermath: How much is Tati Westbrook’s Net Worth Now?
If you have been out of the web lately, or you’re one of those doing social media detox at the moment...July 8, 2019
Julianne Moore Isn’t Paid as Much as Her Co-stars, Here’s the Unsettling Reason Behind It
It is a commonly known fact that women are not paid as much as their male counterparts regardless of profession, and...July 7, 2019
The Remarkable Story Behind Beyonce and Jay-Z’s $1.5 Billion Net Worth
The world is captivated by the billionaires who dominate the rankings of the richest people alive, especially the founder of Amazon, Jeff...July 5, 2019
Cameron Diaz Was Making so Much Money, Then Why Did She Suddenly Retire? This Might Be It!
One might think that Hollywood actress Cameron Diaz found stardom by chance, having taken advantage of an opportunity which presented her...July 5, 2019
Is Jennifer Lopez Making Alex Rodriguez Throw Away His Painting? Technically, Yes!
We love following love stories in Hollywood, and the one making a lot of news these days is being shared by...July 5, 2019