Royal Princess: 25 Things You Didn’t Know about Kate Middleton
How is it like to be a royal princess? Known to be a woman of substance, elegance, beauty, and poise, Kate Middleton seems to have everything any woman would dream of – a happy marriage, lovely family, beautiful face, healthy body, not to mention a luxurious lifestyle.
Celebrating her 35th birthday last January 9, 2017, it’s perfectly timely to feature some interesting facts about Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton. Stun yourself with the following fascinating facts about her and her inspiring life.
1. Kate Middleton is related to George Washington, they are cousins eight times removed. Their common ancestor was Sir William Gascoigne, who died in 1487.
2. Having one of the most photographed faces on the planet, Catherine also was also named as one of “The 100 Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine. No questions asked – she deserves it.
3. The Duchess of Cambridge, whose middle name is Elizabeth, is the first royal to sign a pre-nuptial agreement to protect and guard their assets. Of course!
4. Kate Middleton’s engagement ring was actually Prince Harry’s, he looked after it following Diana’s death but handed it over to his brother when he discovered that he planned to propose.
5. In line with tradition, a secret blue ribbon was sewn into Kate Middleton’s fabulous Sarah Burton-designed Alexander McQueen wedding dress.
6. At 29, Kate Middleton was the oldest royal bride in British history.
7. Kate Middleton spent her wedding night at Buckingham Palace, breaking the tradition that royal couples leave London after their wedding.
8. Kate wanted to name the tables at the royal wedding after those places she’d visited with Prince William.
9. Kate Middleton is no lightweight. She can reportedly drink William under the table. When the royal is tipsy, she can stand there watching, appearing totally sober.
10. Catherine is the eldest among the three children of Carole, a former flight attendant, and Michael, an airline pilot.
11. The 35-year-old princess is a keen photographer and before her marriage to Prince William, she took pictures for her parents’ mail-order business, Party Pieces.
12. Kate Middleton also has worked part-time as a web page designer and as a marketing officer for her parents’ firm.
13. She co-founded a female drinking society at St. Andrews University. Perhaps, this rooted from her love for good cocktails. She used to party at Kensington nightclub Boujis and her go-to cocktail was the ‘Crack Baby’!
14. Kate graduated with a 2:1 in Art History in 2005 – making her the first royal wife to hold a degree.
15. After graduating from St. Andrews, Kate had aspirations of launching a children’s clothing line.
16. Along with her brother James Middleton, Kate was planning to open a bakery with some proceeds doing to disadvantaged youths.
17. Kate Middleton has a pub named after her. When she received her royal title, the Duchess of Cambridge, a pub in Windsor was renamed in her honor.
18. The Duchess is really more than just a pretty face. Mind you, she has completed her Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
19. When she’s in London, Kate loves nothing more than to go for a ride on a Boris bike.Hence, the royal couple, Kate Middleton and Prince William, received a tandem Boris bike from the London Mayor.
20. The Duchess loves sports, especially hockey and tennis. Apparently, Catherine has begun her journey to embrace boxing through a routine called “boxercise” – aiming to promote the benefits of physical activity for mental wellbeing.
21. Kate Middleton owns a sausage maker and likes to make strawberry jam and plum preserves as gifts. Oh, we surely want those goodies straight from her kitchen to ours, would you like some too?
22. Despite previous reports, Kate is not allergic to horses. She avoided the animals at the War Horse premiere to protect her Alice Temperley gown. Such a very wise move, dear!
23. When on official visits, the Duchess has been known to change her outfits up to five times a day!
24. Her shoe size is five and a half. This little secret was concealed when her wedding shoes went on display in 2011.
25. Sticky toffee pudding is apparently her favorite dessert. It’s a British dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, made with finely chopped dates, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream.
Isn’t she lovely? Now, Kate Middleton suddenly becomes more irresistibly admirable.
More in Fame
Never Go Broke Again By Taking These Top Personal Finance Tips to Heart
With the current year coming to a close and people gearing up to welcome a new one, it’s time again to...March 24, 2020
Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick Are Quietly Selling One Of Their Many New York City Properties For This Jaw-Dropping Price
Celebrity couple Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick usually keep a low-profile and keep their affairs private. However, news of their...March 24, 2020
French Workers Are Doing Something Groundbreaking That Everybody Else Should Really Imitate
Workers around the world have one thing in common: they’re prone to stress. But one country seems to be advancing ahead...March 24, 2020
Saving Money Super Easy: Here’s How You Can Set Aside Funds For Your Financial Goals & Not Even Notice It
With the new year comes a fresh start for people all over the world. Aside from getting fit and healthy, resolutions...March 24, 2020
Here’s Your Inside Look At an Extravagant $48 Million Florida Estate That Looks Worth Every Penny of Its Eye-Popping Price Tag
There are mansions. Then there are megamansions. And this new Italianate-style estate in the city of Coral Gables, Florida certainly counts...March 24, 2020
There Are Many Hidden Fees You’ll Encounter While Traveling–Here’s How You Can Dodge Them
People often spend months, even years, to save up for a well-deserved trip abroad. But despite careful planning and budgeting, they...March 24, 2020
Check Out The Swanky Mansion Actor John Travolta Just Sold to Taylor Swift’s Nemesis Scooter Braun
Word on the street is that ‘Grease’ actor John Travolta has just said bye-bye to his longtime estate in Brentwood, California....March 24, 2020
Are Wellness Shots Just a Fad or Can They Really Improve Your Well-Being? Experts Finally Weigh In
If there was a proven product that can make people’s skin glow, strengthen their immune system, and keep them energized, crowds...March 23, 2020
Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Ask ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actress Emilia Clarke For a Selfie The Next Time You See Her Out in Public
Celebrities may seem to live a charmed life on the outside, but what most people don’t know is that they’re just...March 23, 2020