Royal Princess: 25 Things You Didn’t Know about Kate Middleton
How is it like to be a royal princess? Known to be a woman of substance, elegance, beauty, and poise, Kate Middleton seems to have everything any woman would dream of – a happy marriage, lovely family, beautiful face, healthy body, not to mention a luxurious lifestyle.
Celebrating her 35th birthday last January 9, 2017, it’s perfectly timely to feature some interesting facts about Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton. Stun yourself with the following fascinating facts about her and her inspiring life.
1. Kate Middleton is related to George Washington, they are cousins eight times removed. Their common ancestor was Sir William Gascoigne, who died in 1487.
2. Having one of the most photographed faces on the planet, Catherine also was also named as one of “The 100 Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine. No questions asked – she deserves it.
3. The Duchess of Cambridge, whose middle name is Elizabeth, is the first royal to sign a pre-nuptial agreement to protect and guard their assets. Of course!
4. Kate Middleton’s engagement ring was actually Prince Harry’s, he looked after it following Diana’s death but handed it over to his brother when he discovered that he planned to propose.
5. In line with tradition, a secret blue ribbon was sewn into Kate Middleton’s fabulous Sarah Burton-designed Alexander McQueen wedding dress.
6. At 29, Kate Middleton was the oldest royal bride in British history.
7. Kate Middleton spent her wedding night at Buckingham Palace, breaking the tradition that royal couples leave London after their wedding.
8. Kate wanted to name the tables at the royal wedding after those places she’d visited with Prince William.
9. Kate Middleton is no lightweight. She can reportedly drink William under the table. When the royal is tipsy, she can stand there watching, appearing totally sober.
10. Catherine is the eldest among the three children of Carole, a former flight attendant, and Michael, an airline pilot.
11. The 35-year-old princess is a keen photographer and before her marriage to Prince William, she took pictures for her parents’ mail-order business, Party Pieces.
12. Kate Middleton also has worked part-time as a web page designer and as a marketing officer for her parents’ firm.
13. She co-founded a female drinking society at St. Andrews University. Perhaps, this rooted from her love for good cocktails. She used to party at Kensington nightclub Boujis and her go-to cocktail was the ‘Crack Baby’!
14. Kate graduated with a 2:1 in Art History in 2005 – making her the first royal wife to hold a degree.
15. After graduating from St. Andrews, Kate had aspirations of launching a children’s clothing line.
16. Along with her brother James Middleton, Kate was planning to open a bakery with some proceeds doing to disadvantaged youths.
17. Kate Middleton has a pub named after her. When she received her royal title, the Duchess of Cambridge, a pub in Windsor was renamed in her honor.
18. The Duchess is really more than just a pretty face. Mind you, she has completed her Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
19. When she’s in London, Kate loves nothing more than to go for a ride on a Boris bike. Hence, the royal couple, Kate Middleton and Prince William, received a tandem Boris bike from the London Mayor.
20. The Duchess loves sports, especially hockey and tennis. Apparently, Catherine has begun her journey to embrace boxing through a routine called “boxercise” – aiming to promote the benefits of physical activity for mental wellbeing.
21. Kate Middleton owns a sausage maker and likes to make strawberry jam and plum preserves as gifts. Oh, we surely want those goodies straight from her kitchen to ours, would you like some too?
22. Despite previous reports, Kate is not allergic to horses. She avoided the animals at the War Horse premiere to protect her Alice Temperley gown. Such a very wise move, dear!
23. When on official visits, the Duchess has been known to change her outfits up to five times a day!
24. Her shoe size is five and a half. This little secret was concealed when her wedding shoes went on display in 2011.
25. Sticky toffee pudding is apparently her favorite dessert. It’s a British dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, made with finely chopped dates, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream.
Isn’t she lovely? Now, Kate Middleton suddenly becomes more irresistibly admirable.
More in Fame
Rita Moreno Says She Dated Elvis as Revenge and ‘It Was Wonderful’
Rita Moreno is a Puerto Rican-born American actress, dancer, and singer who has majorly influenced the entertainment industry for over 70...February 16, 2022
Kristen Stewart Is ‘Humbled’ By Her Oscar Award Nomination
Kristen James Stewart is an American actress and filmmaker and is more popularly known for her role in twilight. Both of...February 14, 2022
Here’s Your Chance to Buy Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner’s Encino Home For $16.75 Million
One-third of the Jonas Brothers, Joe has been under the spotlight for quite a while now. The talented actor has been...February 7, 2022
These Are The Design Secrets Behind Creating a Home Office That’ll Actually Help You Get Things Done
Working from the comfort of one’s home is an opportunity that not everybody has. But although many people dream of having...January 25, 2022
Feeling Lost Career-Wise? Here Are Some Empowering Tips Straight From an Expert Recruiter
When it comes to navigating the professional world, every decision counts. So, people who are serious about advancing their careers in...January 20, 2022
Crystal Hefner Has ‘Removed Everything Fake’ From Her Body and Refreshed Her Social Life
Hugh Hefner recently took to her Instagram to announce that she was undergoing a massive health transformation. She announced that she...January 17, 2022
Americans Say the Television Home They’d Most Like to Move Into is Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Mansion
Ever since the advent of sitcoms Americans have had a longstanding love for their favorite television shows. Loyal fans have grown...January 8, 2022
Asking $295 Million, Bel Air’s ‘The One’ Mega-Mansion Is Finally Slated for Auction
The 105,000 square foot mansion, also known as “The one” is to be set up for auction this coming February. The...January 3, 2022
‘1883’: All you need to know about the latest ‘Yellowstone’ Prequel Series
After Yellowstone‘s remarkable successful season three, Paramount+ announced a prequel series over the Dutton family and their origins in Montana. Coming...December 30, 2021