Why Barron Hilton Didn’t Leave a Single Penny to Granddaughter Paris Hilton
The New York-born heiress Paris Hilton didn’t get any inheritance from her grandfather Barron Hilton. This fulfills Barron’s promise of not leaving even a single penny for her granddaughter after Paris’ embarrassing antics.
Paris Hilton is the great-granddaughter of the founder of the Hilton Hotel chain Conrad Hilton, and the granddaughter of Barron Hilton. Paris is a model, actress, socialite and entrepreneur who earned her fortune through lucrative endorsements and a licensing empire that sells Paris-branded handbags, clothing, and perfumes.
The heiress has endorsed 17 fragrances that are particularly famous overseas and have generated more than $2 billion in gross revenue. She is estimated to claim 20-30% in royalties for those fragrances.
In 2003, Paris rose to infamy globally after a controversial issue that she and then-boyfriend Rick Salomon were involved with. That, along with numerous troubles with the law, reality shows, and other shocking moments caught on TV, made her grandfather Barron feel that she embarrassed him and tainted the family name.
The second son of Conrad Hilton, Barron replaced the founder of the hotel empire as president of Hilton Hotels in 1966. Fast forward a few decades later, the president of the first international hotel chain was horrified after learning of his granddaughter’s antics and felt disconcerted of her actions. He was supposed to leave his $4.5 billion fortune to his family. But in Christmas of 2007, he told them that he was making major adjustments to his will. His reason? Paris embarrassing the family name.
Instead of leaving the entirety of his $4.5 billion fortune, he decided to leave 97% of it to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation and split the remaining 3% ($135 million) equally between 24 family members. Each member was originally set to inherit $181 million each. But after the changes Barron Hilton made to his will, each family member would receive $5.6 million instead; a staggering $175 million difference from the original.
Barron died last year and had stuck to his will to leave the bulk of his fortune to their foundation, which his father founded in 1944. The foundation’s efforts are directed to treating children with AIDS and HIV, poverty alleviation, shelters for the homeless, and disaster relief and recovery. Barron is one of the top philanthropists in 2019 with $2.4 billion donated to charity, and he still has another $2 billion to donate this year.
On the other hand, it was rumored that Paris did not receive a single penny from her grandfather—a strong reminder from beyond the grave. However, with Paris’ $300 million net worth, the 39-year-old socialite-model is not in total distress.
More in Fame
Casey Affleck and Joaquin Phoenix sold their NYC Loft that they Bought Together for This Eye-Dropping Price
Joaquin Phoenix and Casey Affleck had sold their New York City condo, which they initially bought together before they had a...April 28, 2020
3 Must do’s if You Are Planning on Grocery Shopping Amid the Outbreak
Grocery shopping isn’t safe anymore and has been listed as an activity that has gone from being normal to something with...April 24, 2020
London is On Lockdown—But It’s Still a Great Place for Carspotting
Like any major city center in the world, London has always been known as a luxury car and fancy hypercar hotspot....April 23, 2020
Here’s a Sneak Peek of McLaren’s Upcoming Hybrid Supercar
It has been announced that British carmaker McLaren Automotive will be introducing a new entry-level hybrid supercar. And it looks like...April 23, 2020
Actor Tony Hale Loves Inviting Guests Over to His Homey ‘Sit-by-the-Fire’ Abode
Arrested Development actor Tony Hale and his wife, Martel, love inviting friends over to their cozy home in Los Angeles. The...April 17, 2020
Drake Takes Us Inside The Jaw-Dropping Manor He Built in His Hometown Toronto
From starting as a teenage TV actor in Canada to becoming a chart-topping global music star, Canadian rapper Drake started from...April 16, 2020
The Former Home of the Award-winning Novelist Edith Wharton Found a New Owner, and You Won’t Believe What the New Owner Paid for the Estate
Another oceanfront estate is off the market, and you would not believe how historically significant the estate was. The impressive estate...April 16, 2020
Selena Gomez just Bought the House of Her Dreams and People are Going Crazy Over Its Details
News has just surfaced that Selena Gomez just bought the house, which was previously owned by Tom Petty. According to the...April 16, 2020
If you are Feeling to Visit Someplace Exotic after the Pandemic, Here is a List of Islands that are Under the Radar for Tourists
Social distancing and being confined into our homes has left us thinking about the days when we would be able to...April 13, 2020